A lone sailor - Alpha's Writers Cafe

Latest

"life is about balance, and we all have to make the effort in areas that we can to enable us to make a difference" Where life can be found. -Poetry -Inspirational Messages -Life touching articles

Tuesday 9 January 2018

A lone sailor

In the darkest darkness
of the sea I set sail.
A lone sailor in the
dark sea of thoughts.

Ahoy! in silence I call
to their attention but
the rumbling of the sea waves
Seem to have shut me out!
Or no one is ever on board
to listen.

I battle alone with my own fears.

I wonder,
when I will gain my sea legs
to keep my balance on this violent sea.

In haste I belay the rope,
getting ready to dance the hempen jig.
I am bigled on my anchor.

And I feel I must let go
and give in to the hauntingly beautiful
voice of the wailing siren ashore.

I battle with ferocious
tentacled monsters
- my own thoughts.

By Boakye Dacosta Alpha


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favorite poem on this blog so far?